Questions & Answers from the Bible: 2001 Questions to Test Your Scripture Knowledge
Compiled by Barbour Publishing
Barbour Books (2009)
Reviewed by Cherie Fisher for Reader Views (11/09)
As a minister in training, I love finding educational tools to use to test my knowledge and to use in group settings. This book is the perfect tool, with thousands of questions from the Bible. I found it easy to use, lots of fun and very educational. I also realized how much more I need to learn about the Bible.
There are 2,001 questions in the book and the information is taken both from both the Old and New Testaments and covers all topics in the Bible. The Additional Studies section has sayings from Jesus, the Psalms, John, Proverbs and the prophets.
Examples from “Questions & Answers from the Bible” –
1. Question: Who said, “Let the dead bury their dead”? (page 64)
Answer: Christ: (Matthew 8:22) (page 141)
2. Question: According to John, how may we know that we know God? (page 71)
Answer: Hereby do we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (1 John 2:3) (page 148)
3. Question: What is the proverb about “even a child”? (page 53)
Answer: Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.” (Prov. 20:11) (page 130)
4. Question: What verse of the psalm tells of the fountain of life? (page 84)
Answer: With thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. (Ps. 36:9) (page 171)
5. Question: Who said, “Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom”? (page 5)
Answer: Elihu. (Job 32:6,7) (page 95)
You don’t have to be a biblical scholar to enjoy this book. I highly recommend “Questions & Answers from the Bible” to anyone who wants to learn more about the Bible or to teach others about it. It also a great tool to use in a group setting.